Young minds search for adventure, including at dinner time. Scout camp and family camp help to broaden horizons as I serve up this bright yellow treat from a dark black cast iron Dutch oven. The colors contrast almost as much and the incredible flavors! What a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the variation of cuisine around the campfire.
The recipe is easily concocted at home and delivered from the campfire. Best of all, you can hang in your camping hammock and look the pro. The dinner is a full of nutrition to prep you and the crew for the hike tomorrow. So snug up the No Tie Laces and grab your Filter Straw, Dutch oven curry is on the way!
- 10lbs Chicken legs and thighs
- 1T Seasoned Salt
- 4 limes juiced
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large onion finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1T Ginger
- 2T Curry Powder (Make your own, Ingredients Below)
- 2 T Cumin
- 2 T Coriander
- 2 T Turmeric
- 1 t Ginger
- ¼ t Cloves
- 1 t Nutmeg
- ½ t Cayenne
- 1 t Black pepper
- Mix everything minus the chicken.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the mix and marinade overnight.
- Place all in a 14” well-oiled Dutch Oven.
- Cook at 375˚F for 1 hour.
- That’s 18-20 coals on top and 14 on the bottom.
- Serve with Veggies and Rice!
- Check out my book “I’m in Dutch!”
Have great adventures and share them!